Powder coating for aluminium and galvanised products is a type of coating that is applied directly from a dry powder. The powder coating does not require a solvent and it is cured under heat where it forms a skin like coating. Many powder coatings are formed from polyester which allows for superb durability and color retention.
Powder coating is a more economical and environmentally friendly option than regular, traditional paint. This is due to the powder coating being more cost-effective and being able to protect products from rust and corrosion. Several products throughout the world have had a powder coating applied. Listed below are the more commonly knows items.
- A powder coating is often applied on the front and side panels of a refrigerator.
- Many gates rust and deteriorate. However, when a powder coating is applied, the gates have a much longer lifespan.
- Most bicycle frames are powder coated to prevent rusting and to give them a sleek look.
- ATV’s use of powder coating is not only for aesthetics but also to sustain rough roads and trails.
- Powder coating rims increases the wheel’s durability and prevents damages such as chips and flaking that often occurs with a painted rim.
- Many buildings today have a powder coating on their window frames, doors, and modular furniture. It is also used on light poles, guardrails, signs, and fencing, as it acts as a Durable finish for steel.
Benefits of a Powder Coating
There are numerous benefits that come when using a powder coating. Following is a list of ways that it may be beneficial for your next project.
- Time spent using a powder coating is significantly less than using traditional paint products.
- The powder is less expensive than traditional paint.
- Due to its sustainability, powder coating can last for many years to come.
- Powder coatings come in a variety of colors and finishes.
Powder coatings come in a variety of colors, textures, and glosses. The colors may be custom matched meeting the needs of those with a particular taste. Due to the variety of options, the possibilities of using a powder coating for your next project are endless. Start your next metal project using powder coatings, today.